About Devin Williams
In 2008 author Malcolm Gladwell stated in his book, Outliers: Story of Success, in order to have success in any field, 10,000 hours of practice and training must be achieved. Filmmaker and basketball trainer, Devin Williams, captures the art of filmmaking through his passion and love for basketball in the world-renowned YouTube series TEN000HOURS.
Devin, born and raised in Gardena, California, began playing basketball at the age of 8. After playing for and graduating from Price High School, Devin attended the Fresno State University before transferring to the Academy of Arts in San Francisco, where he would complete his basketball playing career.
For a class project in college, Devin was asked to create and produce a “Day In The Life” video. Behold the first episode of TEN000HOURS was born. Capturing a “Day In The Life” of a youth basketball player and uploading it to YouTube may have been intended for his professor, but ended up going viral worldwide.
Today, Devin travels the world training and engaging with athletes through basketball and film. From the NBA to AAU, his subjects are captured by Devin in captivating content that embodies the TEN000HOURS test of training in a what is now coined around the world as IN THE LAB Training. From home, to school and the basketball court, Devin’s innovative approach to training has been a refreshing bridge between film and sport.
1. Most played song on your iPod? - I only play my instrumentals that are in my videos. I love sampled instrumentals.
2. What is your favorite dessert? - Anything chocolate and I’m good.
3. What is your favorite basketball move? - My favorite move is the Allen Iverson crossover.
4. If you could have lunch with one person, living or dead? - Easy, Morgan Freeman.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? - Greece